The two churches I mentioned before have turned out to be strong possibilies for our future location. I still haven't met the pastor from Arizona yet, but we've talked a lot on the phone. They sent someone to watch me lead worship last week just to make sure I can do what I say I can do. They are flying Sara and I out to the church in Flagstaff next weekend so we can meet the people and get a feel for the city.
On Monday and Tuesday, the pastor and his wife from New Braunfels, Texas came to Colorado Springs to meet us. We spent a lot of time with them over those two days and they decided to fly us down to Texas the weekend after next. This is a much larger church with a lot of responsibilities, but I'm still leaning towards Texas right now. We'll see how everything goes.
We're obviously very excited to have some solid opportunities at the perfect time. School is done at the end of May and both of these churches would like to have the position filled by June, but are okay waiting until July (which is what we'd prefer). It will be nice to have a month to do some final packing, move, take our time traveling, and settling in wherever we end up. The Texas church has already offered to pay for our move and I'm assuming the Arizona one will as well. This will be an exciting few weeks, but then we obviously have a huge decision to make. We're praying that God will make the decision so obvious that we won't even have to think twice about it.
1 comment:
Wow! I can't believe this moment is here! It seems like this year has flown by (of course, from a distance it seems that way!). Be praying for wisdom and discernment for you guys!
Post a Comment