Sunday, October 11, 2009

Aubri changed her name and Gavin has a girlfriend...=O

The title makes it sound like I'm writing about my teenage kids, but they're still only 6 and 4.

All my kids are pretty creative, but Aubri, without a doubt, has the "artist/think outside the box" genes. A few weeks ago she decided she wanted to change her name. Half chuckling, we asked her what she wanted to change it to. She said "Briel". We didn't expect a serious name, but since it is part of her full name (Aubriella), we went along with it... not really expecting it to stick. But even now, she still corrects Sara when she introduces her as Aubri, so I guess it's sticking. She definitely keeps it interesting!

Subject II:
The kids have been playing with the neighbor girls: Hannah (8), Maddie (6), and Felicity (3) from a couple houses down quite frequently. Frankly, it's been awesome! They play together so well and it occupies their free time in a positive way.

They play house a lot, and Gavin is always the dad and he chooses Maddie as his wife. Lately Gavin's been talking about his plans to marry Maddie when he's older. It's all completely harmless at this age, as far as I'm concerned. A couple days ago, Gavin had a secret he wanted to tell me. He whispered in my ear, "Maddie had to go to the doctor and get her belly-button pushed back in a little. So I'm afraid we might not be able to have babies when we get married." I couldn't help but chuckle a little and assure him that the procedure would not hinder her from having babies. I have no idea if she really had a belly-button tuck done, but Gavin claims she did.
Here's a picture of the kids drinking hot chocolate with the neighbor kids. Maddie's the one sitting down next to Gavin. The little boy on the left is Will. He's another neighbor's kid from across the street. It's nice to have kids in the neighborhood.

1 comment: