Thursday, August 27, 2009

Another Test of Patience

This week was supposed to be the last week I'd have to be thinking about FASTFRAME (my business)back in Minnesota. I flew back to Minneapolis on Sunday, worked the store and did a final inventory on Monday, and we were scheduled to close the sale Tuesday morning. Some missing paperwork delayed the buyer's financing until next week. This is not the end of the world, as long as it all happens next week like it's supposed to. I basically allowed the new owner to take over starting on the 25th, because we set up EVERYTHING else to start that day for him including new vendor account numbers, utility billing, credit card terminal, property lease assignment, etc.

The business sale funds are a pretty major piece of the puzzle when it comes to our survival for the next year. School starts for me on Aug. 31st, which means tuition is due. Luckily, I have one more credit card with enough space to cover tuition until the business funds come through.

I try not to think of what could happen at this point, I just focus on trusting God and His timing... which rarely lines up with my own. Over the past few years, He seems to be teaching me how to not use money as my source of security. This is against the ways of the world, which makes it harder to grasp... but I'm beginning to understand. When I can't rely on my own accomplishments, surroundings, other people, or my own bank accounts for security I have no where else to turn but to God and His peace and contentment. It keeps me drawing closer to Him everyday as we continue down a path of obedience, even though the future (in my mind) is very unknown. It's exciting and scary all at the same time. But there's a certain peace that hovers when I can sense I'm where I'm supposed to be, for now anyways.

No comments: