Friday, August 21, 2009

Cave of the Winds

Yep, there's our cheesy tourist photo :) It was a fun day with the kids. Sara stayed at home with Micah while the older two and I headed to Cave of the Winds. We ended hanging out in the gift shop area while we waited for our tour to start. The kids had fun with the hats...
... among other things, including these candy treats they begged for. They were miniature toilets filled with flavored sugar and came with two plunger shaped suckers to dip in the sugar. I don't understand how that's appetizing, but the kids sure liked them!

The kids really enjoyed the caves! I was hoping it wouldn't be scary for Aubri, but she seemed to be pretty fascinated by the whole thing. It's amazing to experience things through the eyes of your kids sometimes... it tends to give me an appreciation for some things that I might otherwise take for granted.

I tried to get a few pictures from inside the caves, but most of them didn't turn out very well because of the low light. I did upload a few though, just click on the "Photo Albums" link to the right. It's in the Colorado album. There were some beautiful sights right outside of the cave entrance that I attempted to capture as well.

No comments: