Saturday, August 8, 2009

Micah's Getting "Pumped" to Go To Colorado!

No, I did not make him pose for this picture... in case you're wondering :)

The whirlwind continues: On Monday, the 10th, we'll be venturing out towards Colorado. We don't close on the house until 4pm, and then we'll leave after that. We plan to drive straight through so we can hopefully be there the next morning. We figured this would be the best way to keep the kids sane (and the parents) if they slept most of the way.

So, on Sunday we'll load the truck and my dad will start driving that Monday morning. He'll spend the night at some hotel along the way, and meet us in Colorado Springs later on Tuesday. He'll also be pulling one of our minivans behind the truck. I'll be driving the family in our other minivan, which will be pulling a small trailer as well. Hopefully we'll be able to fit everything.

We ended up getting the house we wanted in Colorado Springs so we'll head straight there. I hope we'll have time to show my dad some of the sites before he flies back that Friday.

The business transfer is scheduled on Aug.25th. I'll fly back Minnesota to take care of that, and then head back as my school starts orientation on the 31st.

Sara will be homeschooling Gavin this year. She's already getting plugged in to the big homeschooling community through New Life Church (same place I'm going to school). Sara's actually quite excited for the big move. I think we were both ready for a new chapter in life.

We've had a few "going away" parties so far, and I'm sure we'll be saying our final good byes to a lot of people who are helping us load the truck on Sunday. It's a little bit sad to leave people, but we know it isn't goodbye forever. We'll still come to Minnesota to visit on occasion.









There's a ton more we could be writing about, but it's been hard to find the time lately. We'll do our best to keep everyone updated on what's happening once we get out there.




No comments: