Tuesday, January 29, 2008

My Sweet Baby Boy!




I'm so thankful the Lord has blessed me with Micah. He's just so darn cute! I love the way he looks so much like his daddy too. I could simply kiss on his little chubby cheeks and squishy neck all day long. He's pretty much content doing anything. He loves to make really high pitched noises with his voice...perhaps he's a soprano trapped in a boy's body. He lights up whenever Gavin walks in the room and has a contagious giggle every time you tickle him or play peek a boo with him.

Some things he's been up to lately:

Pulling fur out of Lizzy's coat or playing with her toe nails. Lizzy doesn't seem to mind as long as he will spit up once in a while so she can lick it up. They keep each other equally happy.

Taking baths in the bath ring instead of the baby tub. He's actually started to enjoy baths now that he can sit up and splash.

Listening to daddy play guitar but what he really wants is a piece of that guitar. He inches his way over to the guitar and then starts grabbing on the strings and pounding on the wood. You should see the scared look on his daddy's face when he does this.

Trying to find any tag on any toy he can suck on. Also finding any toys that don't belong to him but to his older brother and sister. They must be cooler to him than his own toys. They are also very chokeable...scary! He can't quite crawl yet but he still manages to work his way across the room. He has been spotted by several family members up on all fours lately, so please start praying for me now. :) Just when I think things can't get any busier...I see what's ahead of me.

Eating solids and then spitting up everywhere or pooping this awful rancid smelling green, orange, or gooey brown poop.

Bouncing as high as he can go in his Johnny Jump Up. It is usually in this or his bouncy seat when you can hear him belt out the high soprano notes!

Grabbing the little hairs behind my ears and pulling as hard as he can. Ouch!

Scratching the sides of his playpen. This is how I can tell he's up in the morning. He'll sit and scratch, scratch, scratch until we get up. I told you he's content.

Thankfully I rarely hear him cry. I'm not one of those people who can tolerate a lot of noise or crying so this is a very good thing. Of course once in a while he cries...but it's usually to tell me something I haven't figured out yet. Also, he is just starting to cry a bit when he is left with someone other than dad or mom.

He's just a happy go-lucky baby.

A side note: It has been difficult to truly capture his smile on pictures because the camera tends to startle him a bit, but he does smile a lot.

2 comments:

Sarah said...

He sounds like such a joy! And he does certainly look a lot like Zac! I hope that we can see him soon! Maybe his content personality can rub off on our little firecracker.

The Mrs. said...

Hey Sarah,
You're little munchins sound so funny! I love the way you write!